So...this week I was sick with the stomach flu. I am pretty sure I became infected when I was cleaning Rylee's throw up out of the car. At one point I was using air in a can to push the vomit out of the air vents and some of it came out and hit me in the face. Yeah, that was fun.
What was even better was the moment I really got sick and found myself in the bathroom with Haven trying to climb in my lap and Rylee holding a light saber to my face asking, "Do you yield?"
I wanted to yield. I wanted to lock the door and be sick in private. However, I realized that at that moment, my stay-at-home-mommy job didn't allow for that. I still had two little ones that needed me. I knew that if I called Rob, he would come to my rescue (he always does), but he is taking a night class and I didn't want him to miss it. So, I gathered my strength and fought through the rest of the day (I should be awarded a medal or maybe a crown...kidding of course).
The next day, my sweet hubby took the day off to care for me and ended up taking me to the doctor. The doc gave me a prescription for some anti-nausea medicine that knocked me off my tail. I mean, I slept for hours and then when I woke up I felt so loopy. It was the worst feeling ever. I decided that I would rather be sick at my stomach than have to take that medicine again.
By Friday, I was ready to get out of the house so I met one of my friends at the mall. I still wasn't feeling completely like myself and everything seemed a little lopsided, but I just needed to be out.
We met in the play area at the mall and Haven and Rylee both were cruising all over the place. Suddenly, I looked up and I literally lost my breath. Standing there in the play area was a guy that I had the worst crush on in college. I mean, poetry was written about this one. He was the first guy that I truly fell head over heels for (of course, it was never reciprocated and to be honest, I don't think he ever really knew). As I stood there for a moment, my mind went blank and I didn't know what to do. Do I talk to him? Do I smile and see if he recognizes me? Do I just go about my business and ignore him? What should I do? Ignore. And that's what I did. And here's why - I just know myself and I wasn't feeling all that great to begin with, so not to come off as a bigger dork than I already am, ignore. I was also afraid that I might start talking and just pass smooth out.
As soon as I was able, I called Rob and told him what had happened. He thought it was funny and then he told me about a girl that he really liked in college. He said that they were in a class together and he told her that he didn't have another class after that so he could walk with her for awhile. The truth was that he really did have another class. He said that once they got to the corner of one of the buildings, he would say good-bye and then rush to get to his next class.
It's true that God does have a greater plan in mind for us...greater than we can ever imagine. I cannot tell you how many times I prayed that my crush and I would get together. Many a journal entry was written about him. Funny, God does answer every prayer, but they just aren't all answered with a "Yes", and...I am so grateful for that. My prayers were answered, though, when Rob came into my life. Loving him was so easy and still is. He is my best friend and the one who knows me best. And because of him and our love for each other, we now have two of the most precious creatures God ever put on this earth. I am still amazed at the blessings in my life. On our wedding day, I placed a ring on Rob's finger that has the inscription, "I prayed for you." It is as true today as it was then, I prayed for him. I prayed that God would place a man in my life that would be made just for me. I asked the Lord to hold my heart until the moment when that person I was supposed to be with came into my life. I waited a long time, but finally, he came.
To my dear, sweet husband, I love you more than words can say. I am so glad that our college crushes stayed "crushes". I am also so glad that you are mine...to have and to hold, forever. Thank you for helping through this lemonade life, may we continue to drink in its sweetness for many days to come. I prayed for you and still do!
2 comments:
way to make a girl cry....god does answer in the best way possible....it just takes patience!
great post.
Chas- You know Rob was probably my Best friend in college. I know it seems strange to have a best male friend, but he was it. He was so picky about girls and who he would be with. I always knew that he would hold out for someone extraordinary. I remember the first time he called and told me about you. The way he described you and how he felt for you was precious. It was obvious that you stole his heart. Watching Rob from age 18 to now.. it is clear that the Lord held his hand and led him to a fantastic life that included a family rich with everything he could ever want. Watching the Lord reveal his plan for Rob has been fantastic. Great Post!
Post a Comment