Have you ever seen that show Kids Say the Darndest Things? Well, today we spent the day at the mall. We really weren't looking for anything in particular, we just wanted to be out of the house. So, as we were getting ready to leave, Rylee asked if we could go into the Disney Store. I said yes because he had been pretty good. He went straight to the stuffed toys and found a "Woody" doll from Toy Story. He asked if he could have it, and being the suckers we are, Rob and I both said yes.
He was beyond thrilled to have this doll. He promptly got into the stroller and began singing, "You've got a Friend in Me." Really cute. So, before we left the mall, I took Rylee to the bathroom. He wanted to take his doll into the bathroom, but I persauded him to leave it in the stroller.
So while we were in the stall, Rylee says, "Hey Mom, I got a Woody." My breath left me as I quickly tried to clean that up by saying, "Yes, I know, that doll from Toy Story is cool." When he finished, we rushed past the other women in the bathroom and I tried not to make eye contact because I didn't know who had heard my three year old's announcement.
As soon as we got out, I told Rob what had happened. He thought it was funny until he tried putting Rylee's coat on him and Rylee said, "Put Woody in too. Wait Dad, my Woody's falling out!" Rob hushed him and tucked Woody back in Rylee's jacket and away we went.
I know that no one probably even blinked an eye at this little one's comments, but to Rob and I, it was hysterical...does that mean we have a dirty mind? Oh well, it made for one great toy story.


1 comment:
THAT is funny!
Post a Comment