Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mow Your Grass

Okay, I hope the following does not in any way change the way you think of me, but it’s the facts and I just have to deal with it….

Shortly after graduating from college, a strange phenomenon appeared right above my upper lip…what could it be? Oh my goodness, I was growing hair!!! So I went to the store, perused the beauty aisle and found this “thing” called a facial buffer. This was to be the answer to my unsightly growths.

I went home and quickly followed the directions on the back.
1. Clean the area you are going to buff.
2. Move the buffer in a circular motion over the areas where you want the hair to be removed.

I did everything as instructed. Then I noticed little red dots appearing. Was I bleeding? That couldn’t be right. So the next morning when I woke, I went to the mirror and above my lip were tiny scabs! GROSS!!!

Since then I have been more careful about the products I use and I think I have a good handle on what works and what doesn’t. So with that said, I often set aside a morning to do my “beauty maintenance”.

This past Friday my mom was here so I took advantage of the opportunity and decided to groom myself. I waxed and plucked and did all those wonderful things us girls must do to keep our appearance up. When I was finished, I looked in the mirror and I must say, there is something about this ritual that makes you feel good about yourself.

So with that, I went downstairs where my son greeted me with big hugs. I scooped him up and sat him in my lap. He was playing with my face and telling me how much he loved me…it was so sweet. Then without blinking, he stopped, peered closely into my nose and said, “That grass in there? Let me get my tractor and mow it for you.”

So ladies (and you guys too) remember this, no grooming is complete until you mow your grass.

1 comment:

MISTY and CO... said...

you SERIOUSLY crack me up.