Monday, October 20, 2014

Oh How the YEARS Go By...

Wow!  I cannot believe how long it has been since I even looked at my blog, much less wrote on it.  SO much has happened in my life over the past 3 1/2 years.  One of my last posts was sharing the news of a devastating miscarriage I had in May of 2011.  The following week we found out that my mom's cancer had returned except this time it was discovered in her lymph nodes.  To say it was a shock is an understatement.  I will spare you the details of the next two years (though I may blog about that later).  On June 18, 2013, I stood at my mom's side, along with my entire family, and we watched her take her last breath here on earth.  It was a moment that changed my life forever.

So why, you ask, have I decided to restart my blog?  Why not.  So many wonderful, scary, joyful, dumb, meaningful things are happening in my life and to try to capture all that on Facebook, is well, a fleeting news feed.  I always loved the idea of chronicling my life so that one day, my kids' kids would read my words.  Now, they may think I was a total crazy person, or may feel extremely blessed, but if I can share any wisdom, then that would be success (a little Ralph Waldo Emerson right there).

So here's what's going on...my oldest son is 9, my daughter is 6 and my baby boy is 4...I know, they are getting too big.  And me, well, I'm on my way to growing up.  I still feel like I am in my 20's (thanks to my doctor and hormone therapy) but when I look in the mirror, those wrinkles tell me I'm much older.  However, each of those wrinkles tell a story and I claim everyone...except the deep ravine in my forehead, that one came from the kids and I would love for them to take it back.

The biggest change since my mom's passing is that I went and got my Realtor license.  I am an excellent Realtor, just not that experienced (insert obnoxious plug).  I do have a love for real estate and home design so I thought that with those passions, I might be a good salesperson.  We will see....oh, and I do have fancy business cards.  It's definitely been a lot of learning but I am so excited to see where this goes.

I hope that you will check in with me occasionally to see what's going on in my life, in my family's life, and in the life of my new career.  My goal is to update this blog more than every 3 1/2 years...missed you!!
Chastity



 

No comments: