Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rylee Is 4!

Today is my sweet Rylee's fourth birthday. I cannot believe that he is turning four today. It seems like just yesterday he came into the world and changed everything for me. I have really been extremely sentimental the past couple of days as I reflect on his life so far. I know everyone says that they grow up fast, but I didn't realize how true that statement really was until recently.

Last year I wrote about his birth, this year I want to write about all the things I love about my little boy:

Rylee has a way of just making you smile. Not only does he have the cutest sense of humor, his very presence can light up a room. Maybe it is his smile or maybe it is the clever way he enters, but no matter what it is, there is something special about him.

I love that he will just come up to me and tell me he loves me...no prompting...it just melts my heart.

His hugs are strong and comforting. He holds on so tight. I just love every single hug I get from him.

He is so smart. He loves to learn and share what he has learned. His favorite thing to know more about right now is George Washington. Rob will read him stories of Washington before bed and Rylee soaks up every word. If you ever pass by our house when Rylee is outside, you might hear him shouting, "The British are coming!"

He really does love his sister. Even though he is not always happy to have a 2 1/2 foot shadow following him everywhere, he does enjoy many moments of playing with her. And she thinks he hung the moon and most of the stars. I just know that he is going to love his new brother just as much. He is already preparing to show "Lightning McQueen" how to play baseball.

He loves Jesus.

He has a tenderness about him that I wish I had. I never knew how much I could learn from a four year old, but he has taught me to see the world a little differently. Because of him, I often stop and watch snails crawl across the garage floor and run crazy through the backyard trying to catch fireflies. Because of him, my world is so much better...don't get me wrong, I had a great life before I had him, but he has just enriched it so much more. I don't know if he will ever know how much of a blessing he is to me. I do still thank God everyday for the precious gift he gave to me four years ago. Rylee was wanted more than he will ever know and he continues to bring sunshine into my life each and every day.

My dear, sweet, precious Rylee, from the second I found out that you were on the way, to this very moment, having you in my life has been pure joy. I love you so much and so happy to be your mommy. I am so proud of you and know that you are going to do great things in your life. You make me smile each and every day. I could not ask for more!

Happy 4th Birthday My Love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post! Happy birthday Rylee! Also - I love baby Cooper's name. Did not know you had picked one yet! So fun!

MISTY and CO... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYLEE!!!

I remember when you took some of your first steps at little gym and loved watching you the first time you ate birthday cake....HAVE FOUR YEARS GONE BY SINCE THAT FIRST YEAR???????????

We cannot wait to see what you make of the life God has given you!!! Being a part of your little life has been a blessing for me, Lilli and Lola!

What a beautiful day!!!!

MISTY and CO... said...

the last picture on the slideshow is SO rylee. FRAME IT!

Rogers Family said...

We love to know sweet Rylee and to be apart of his life and watch him grow. Happy Birthday!!!