Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rylee's Prayer

This past week we had to make an unexpected three hour trip to Idabel, Oklahoma. For the first hour, my sweet Haven slept. The second hour she talked to herself in her mirror and laughed with her brother. The third hour, she screamed and I am talking a "if someone doesn't get me out of this car soon, I am going to really hurt someone" scream.

After about 15 minutes of the screaming, all of our faces started to contort and I think blood started trickling out of my ear. So my Rylee said, "Mom, we need to pray to Jesus for Haven."

Before I could even agree, I turned to see my three year old, sitting in his car seat, hands clasped together with his head lowered. Then I heard:

Dear Jesus,
Please let Haven not be so fussy. I love you God. Amen.

Right after he finished she stopped crying. Wow, for a moment I thought Rylee might just be a prophet. "It worked!" he shouted. Then just as we all breathed a sigh of relief, she started in again. Rylee put his head in his hands and said, "Aw man, it didn't work."

Thanks for trying sweet boy.

1 comment:

MISTY and CO... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAVEN!!!!

I love, love, love the slide show. You have a precious family.