First let me begin by saying that my almost three year old is obsessed with baseball...we have it on DVR so he can watch it over and over, we are constantly having to play, whether it be outside on our make-shift baseball field or in the living room, and every time we go to Wal-Mart, we must stop by the baseball section just to "check it out". His love for baseball is incredible, so much so that he even dreams about it.
Two nights ago I ended up having to sleep with him in his bed because he was scared. Sometime in the middle of the night he sat straight up and said, "Go get your glove so we can play." I laid him back down but before I could close my eyes he said, "Ready to catch it?"
So last night, as soon as my husband walked into the house, Rylee was ready to play. So Rob spent the evening playing ball with him.
Sometime last night, Rylee ended up in our bed. I realized this when I heard Rob say, while trying to wake Rylee, "Hey Bud, are you ready to go play ball?" What? Is he crazy? Why in the world would he be trying to wake our son up at 2 in the morning to go play ball?
I said, "Rob, what are you doing?"
He replied, "I'm asleep. I don't know what I am saying."
So apparently it runs in the family...sleep talking about baseball.
This morning I was on the phone telling Rob about what happened last night and when I got off Rylee asked what his daddy had said. I told him that daddy was talking in his sleep last night. Then Rylee said, "Remember last night when daddy said, 'Let's go play baseball', remember?"
I said, "Yeah, I remember, do you really remember?"
With this look of disappointment, he answered, "Yeah, but it was too dark to make a baseball bield (still can't say his "f's")."
Oh, baseball dreams...
2 comments:
we are having MAJOR league night time stuff going on in our house, too. though there is no talk of playing catch....there is PLENTY of screaming and crying for mommy and daddy. hmmmmmm......
Ohhh we are right there with you. I even hold Kenzie while I pitch the ball to Ryan. You do what you have to do....We need to let them play together!!
Post a Comment