When I was almost six, I found out that my mom was going to have another baby. I was so excited because I just knew deep in my heart that I was going to have a brother (I already had a sister). The morning my mom went into labor, I remember eating scrambled eggs for breakfast and being late to school. I was on pins and needles all day long waiting to know if I was going to have a brother. After school, I went to a neighbors and waited some more until finally my dad and grandmother drove into the driveway to pick me up.
I raced out to the car and said, "So, do I have a brother?"
My dad answered, "No, it's another little sister." I didn't believe him until we got to the hospital and saw her. She was sweet and so cute. I knew that I was going to love her even though she was a girl.
Now, I couldn't imagine my life without her. And though she towers over me, she is still my little baby sister. We have shared so many wonderful memories and I hope to make many more.
Chi Chi...you are beautiful and kind and I am blessed to call you sister and friend. You are also a super aunt...who finally changed her first diaper last weekend...a milestone for sure. I love you more than words can say!
No comments:
Post a Comment