When we first moved into our new house, it was so pristine. Everything from the floors to the ceiling were brand new with no imperfections. But we live in our houses and things get used and sometimes abused. And before we know it, our unblemished home looks like it has been lived in...and not always in the best way.
One day I was cleaning my kitchen and I moved a table. Once the table was moved, I realized that my floors were filthy...well, the grout was for sure. There was a distinct difference between the grout under my table and the grout that had been walked on, spilled on, and completely neglected. So I spent hours on my hands and knees cleaning the grout with a solution I found on Pinterest. And when that didn't work, a friend gave me another solution recipe. So I spent another day trying to get my grout back to its original glory. That did not happen...although it did look better than it had.
Recently I stumbled across something that made me so happy...it is grout paint! Grout Paint! What a great idea! So I purchased this magic liquid for around $10 from the home improvement store. They had a variety of colors so I chose one that I thought would match. When I got home I realized the color I chose was too dark so I simply took it back and got another color. This time, I picked the perfect match.
So first, I cleaned my floors well. I made sure to wipe down the grout and remove anything that might be sticky. Then, after the floors were dry, I simply took an old toothbrush and used that to apply the paint to the grout. Any excess paint was wiped away with a paper towel. It was so easy. It did take a little bit of time and some elbow grease, but the results are amazing. It completely transformed my floors.
Take a look at these before and afters:
AMAZING!!
So if you are thinking of putting your home on the market and notice your grout is looking a little gross, this is an easy, inexpensive way to put some "new" back into your home.
Chastity
![]() |
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment