Sunday, November 8, 2009

Haven is 2!

I cannot believe that two years ago I gave birth to my little girl. I was absolutely surprised when she was born because we had no idea that we were having a girl. And, I am surprised each and every day by my little girl. I love her deeply and with my whole being, however, she can really test my patience and can send me into insanity quickly. She is very head strong and strong willed. But, she also has a sweetness that can melt your heart. I guess you could say she is all "woman".

I often sit and watch her and tears fill my eyes. She is so beautiful and I am so blessed to call her mine. I love to watch her dance on her tippy-toes. I love tickling her and listening to that sweet laughter. I love when she squeezes my neck and tells me she loves me. She really is precious and I know that she is "one-of-a-kind".

I do feel badly at times when I think about the first months of her life. My mom was diagnosed with cancer soon after Haven was born and my focus was not always on her. I am sad about that...I hope she never felt neglected...I often blame myself for not giving her more of me during those first months...I know I will never be able to get those days back...it hurts.

To my darling little Hay-Hay...my prayer for you is that you will continue to grow strong in your character (even though it may try mine), I know that it is your character that will carry you through life. I pray that your life will be filled with love, joy, passion and grace. I hope that everyday you find your comfort in the Lord and use His teachings to guide your path. I look forward to what the Lord has in store for both of us, as you will probably be my only little girl. And my greatest prayer is that you and I will have a wonderful mother-daughter relationship. I never want to be your best friend, but I do want to be the one you come to for advice, the one you look up to, the one you have respect for.

You are my sweet angel and I love you more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

Rogers Family said...

What a special little girl who has a wonderful mommy. What a sweet post. Happy Birthday Haven!!

Robert said...

Happy Birthday Haven, I so enjoyed my visit with you and I love you!
Grampa Robert