Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Talking Cannons?

For as long as I have known my sweet husband, when his snooze button gets pushed, he is dead to the world...even if he is in mid-sentence. I remember when we first started dating, we were having one of those late night talks about our feelings for each other and all of a sudden he started talking about tires and Coca-Cola. I really didn't know what to think when he started talking so randomly...was he not interested in me anymore? He quickly realized that he had dozed off for a second. If I hadn't already fallen for him, I might have been really offended.

Now, this is something that I am just used to. He doesn't do it often because by now I can tell when he is ready for sleep, but on those occasions that he does drift off to sleep while talking, I get such a kick out of what he says.

Lately, he has been telling Rylee bedtime stories about George Washington and the American Revolution. Rylee is really interested and hangs on Rob's every word. So one night a couple of weeks ago, Rob was telling Rylee about Molly Pitcher. I guess he must have fallen asleep because he said he awoke to Rylee asking, "Dad, what did that cannon say? I didn't know cannons could talk."

Rob quickly realized what he had done and tried to fix the story quickly without letting his son know that he had gone to sleep. However, Rylee still asks his dad how cannons can talk.

Poor little guy, he is going to grow up thinking that there were talking cannons in the American Revolution. So funny...