Well, I am not going to give you a bunch of excuses about why I haven't blogged in a LONG time...I am just going to say - I have been tired and I would rather lay down and rest than write. So here is an overview of my life right now...it may be long so don't feel bad if you are not interested enough to read the entire thing.
I spent most of June in a daze (and confused). Mornings were spent hugging the toilet bowl. Afternoon were spent crying into a pillow. And evening were spent dreading the impending nausea that was swirling around in my gut. So needless to say, I wasn't a very good mommy, wife, or friend for awhile. Pregnancy is really not my thing and it seems to create a semi-monster like Chastity and I do apologize to those who were victims of my first trimester craziness.
By July I was feeling somewhat better, though still unbelievably tired and the occasional trip to the porcelain throne. We had to say "see ya soon" to some good friends who moved away. Rylee has been friends with L since he was six months old. I know that they are following their dreams and pursuing new adventures, but we sure do miss them. Rylee also went to a Rough Riders game with his daddy, his grandfather, and his great-grand father. This was the highlight of his summer because anyone who knows Rylee knows that he LOVES baseball!
Rylee also went to Vacation Bible School. For some reason I really got teary leaving him there. I haven't sent Rylee to school yet so this was the first time I left him somewhere and wasn't there to check on him. He cried everytime I dropped him off but couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had when I picked him up. Rylee is amazing to me. He has a love for Jesus that is so sweet and unconditional. He prays about everything. Just Friday, he asked us to pray for him before he went down the escalator at the mall.
So while Rylee was at VBS, Haven and I spent some much needed time together (although half way through the week, she got a stomach virus which she then shared with everyone). She really is growing up and she is so pretty. I just love watching her.
So because of my two precious kids, I started to get excited about this new one. I just know that this baby is so special and will be unique and so loved. Rob and I sat down and chose names (though some people don't like them, but oh well), and we can't wait for August 31st because we will get to see the baby again and find out what we are having...so fun!
The end of July, Rob and I took the kids to the circus. This year was so much easier than last and my little Haven had the best time ever! She was dancing and clapping. I really have never seen her so excited. It was fun to have Rob there too. He misses out on some of our outings because of his work but we planned this one well in advance. It was a great day!
So here we are in August. I am officially 19 weeks now. I feel the baby almost everyday. I do have some uncomfortable growing pains, but nothing major.
We signed Rylee up for t-ball and you have never seen a little boy more excited. Yesterday my dad and mom took him to get some new gear and he could hardly contain his enthusiasm. His first game is in September. I still can't believe that he is old enough to play. I remember Rob and I talking about this day when Rylee was just a baby and now, here we are. My little boy is getting big too fast. In September he will turn 4 and I still can't believe it.
Earlier this month, Rob and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary. I am blessed to have husband who is as wonderful as Rob. Like I said, I haven't been a very good wife lately, but he is so understanding. He really takes care of us and I so appreciate it!
I am sure that so much has happened in our life that I just can't remember at this moment. However, for me, the greatest thing is just watching my belly grow everyday. I must admit I hate gaining weight and I hate being so tired, but I know that sometime in December or January, I am going to get to hold another precious gift from God and I can't wait. I really feel like the Lord has changed my heart and my thinking and I am so grateful because I'll say, when I first found out about this little nugget, happiness was not an emotion I felt. But today, I couldn't be more thrilled. I still don't know how you take three kids to the grocery store without going insane, but I guess I will figure that out later. For now, I am just enjoying the moment.
I promise the next post won't be two months away!!!
3 comments:
I am glad you are back. Can't wait to meet sweet baby Holman. What a blessed little one!!!
god's timing always seems to amaze. i miss you guys and pray for you to enjoy every minute possible of this pregnancy. i get tears in my eyes just thinking about how fast it all goes. the good always out weighs the bad....LOVE YOU!!!!
p.s. welcome back....i check in all of the time....
Post a Comment