Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

It isn't easy to explain the meaning of Easter to a 3 year old and a 1 year old, though I tried. They did understand, however, a good 'ole Easter Egg Hunt. Our first one was with our dear friends in our playgroup and the second one was today in the front yard (because it wasn't as wet as the backyard).


Ready for the hunt to begin...

"Now what am I suppose to do???"...
"Oh, I get it"...So many eggs...
I know there's got to be more around here, somewhere...
Ready for church on Easter morning...

Nothing says the Easter Bunny hopped by like Hollow Chocolate Easter Bunnies...The front yard hunt...

Whoa, almost lost my load there...
Slow and steady...
There's one...
Look what I found...And yes, I do know that Easter is more than chocolate bunnies and plastic eggs, but those things just added to the celebration. The true celebration is, as the pastor so beautifully put it this morning, "Jesus saved the day". Not only that, but He saved my life. I am so grateful. And I will continue to teach my children the sweet message of the Resurrection of Christ and the love that was offered up at the Cross. It is my duty and my joy to share the Good News. My hope is that you know the love of Christ as well. Happy Easter!

No comments: